It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:48 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I have a gaurd rail that is blue and white and I want to make it solid blue. I can make it solid blue in 3DSimed , but can not figure out the steps to export the changes back into the track.
Thanks For Any Help

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:02 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

If you only have one object using this material, simply copy the object and paste it in a new tab, change the material as you like it and export the object overwriting the original.

If you have more than one object using this material and you want to change it in all of them, filter by material, copy all the visible objects and paste them in a new tab; change material in any of them and export all these objects overwriting the original ones.

If you have more than one object using this material and you want to change just some, but not all, copy the objects to be changed and paste them in a new tab; change material and rename it to a different name than the old one, and export these objects overwriting the original ones.

And if you have an object using this material and you want to change only a part of this material to be different, copy this object and paste it in a new tab, explode it, filter by this material and select the faces you want to change, cut them and paste them in a new tab; change material and rename it to a different name than the old one, copy these faces and paste them in the tab where you cut them before, filter by all materials and export the model giving it tha name of the original object overwriting it.

In case you have more than one object to change partially a material, you have to do the las paragraph in everyone of these objects one by one.

I hope is clear enough.

PS. Of course if you want to change the colour for all guardrails, and this texture is used only in guardrails, is much faster to change the texture file for a new one with the same name overwriting the old one, but if this is not the case, follow the above instructions applied to your case.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:59 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks andreaglass,

O K, I can change the texture of the guard rail from blue and white to just blue no problem.
I just don't understand the how to save that change and export process.

For example when you duplicate an object to save it you, hide it, then edit-erase all other objects, display object filter all on, edit purge objects, export save objects.

Is it the same process just with material? Having trouble wrapping my brain around that part of the process.

Thanks