It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3DSimED 3.1d
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:47 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Version 3.1d has been released.

New: Automobilista support added. Car and track shaders from Automobilista are included as are new functions to export .gmt with the correct encryption (requires rfactordec.exe).

New: Texture Replace from Folder adds two new functions helping with quickly adding textures from a folder.
Replace Missing and Loaded Textures searches a folder for textures to replace those already loaded and those which are missing. Replace Only Missing Textures searches a folder for those textures that are presently missing from a drawing.

New: Export Plugin Export as Objects saves objects to disk as individual models.

New: Shader for Assetto Corsa to show car liveries.

New: Import Plugin for F1-2015 to allow individual objects (*.render.erp) to be imported.

Enhanced: Shader selection dialog now includes a game filter.

Enhanced: FBX Export Plugin includes option to store vertex information by control point which can considerably reduce the size of the FBX.

Enhanced: Vertex and Pixel Shaders are compiled when required, this reduces start-up times particularly if there are many custom shaders.

Enhanced: The pivot points are always written when saving an rF1 or rF2 model. When saving objects the moveable or billboard attributes need to be set to true for the pivot point to be saved.

Enhanced: F1 MTS objects always use pivot points and handling of transparency has been improved.

Enhanced: Texture browser dialog has a new 'Show Alpha=0 as magenta' checkbox which allows the rgb of a transparent texture to be shown if unticked.

Enhanced: Texture browser dialog has a new 'Recent Folder' button.

Enhanced: The Tag Attributes for objects now include Day/Night and VisGroups.

Enhanced: The Tools->Missing Textures and Objects now lists missing shaders (these are the shaders missing this session for all drawings opened).

Enhanced: The handling of 'wildcard' materials for rFactor vehicles and GTR2/Race cars is improved.

Fixed: Decompressing a PSSG could fail because too much memory was reserved.

Fixed: F1-2015 DDS texures had an incorrect number of mipmaps set in the header which caused problems in some image editors.

Goto http://www.sim-garage.co.uk to download and for more information.

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1d
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:37 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Downloaded and working.

I was in the middle of a project, but I trust you enough to upgrade with confidence. :phhht:

Anyway I'm still missing a multiple face selection option (Shift+click to select faces and Ctrl+click to unselect them would be great). :boing:

Thank for this version. :congrats:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:07 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Dave,
just got back from holiday and this little surprise was waiting for me, thanks forthe work as always.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:10 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave

Ive been using 3dsimed for years and this is my first problem I have had.
I've just upgraded to 3.1d from 3.1c but Iam unable to import any fbx files any more all it imports is the dummies, no sub dummies or geometry is showing is there something Iam missing It even doesn't import fbx which have been exported from 3dsimed.
Anybody else having issues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:42 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Thanks for the update. Been using this for years also. Top notch program. I wanted to ask. Have not heard you talk about this lately. Are you still considering adding a cam tool to the program? I think that would be a great advanced addition to an already superb sim editing program. Or you might consider creating a separate program for numerous sims. I wouldn't mind paying extra for that. I am sure I am not alone. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:32 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

ggreetings,
i'm new to this site, and I want to ask when will dave noonan be back from holidays as I want to order an activation key for 3dsimed, If he or one of his reps could let me know,
cheers.

edit/disregard, bought it and it's activated, cheers all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:40 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Apologies for that there was indeed a problem. If you go to the download page there is a fix:
http://sim-garage.co.uk/3dsimed3-download/

Sorry again.
Cheers
Dave N.

Andyw wrote:
Dave

Ive been using 3dsimed for years and this is my first problem I have had.
I've just upgraded to 3.1d from 3.1c but Iam unable to import any fbx files any more all it imports is the dummies, no sub dummies or geometry is showing is there something Iam missing It even doesn't import fbx which have been exported from 3dsimed.
Anybody else having issues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:44 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi Dave, this is related to fresnel reflect option on material properties i think there is a bug there.
In 3ds Max i´m able to assign fresnel intensity values much higher than on 3dsimed. For instance i´m using on Max a value for WCCARBODY of 25.00 than i open same GMT on 3dsimed, fresnel intensity is at 25.00, no problem there but after editing something else on another material, as i use 3dsimed to make quick edit here and there, i save the GMT and than the WCCARBODY value for fresnel intensity drops to 1.5. Trying to put 25.0 put 3dsimed doesn´t alow more than 5.0.

Hope you fix soon!! Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:50 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I'll look at this before the next version and change the limit.

Cheers

Dave N.

gpfan wrote:
Hi Dave, this is related to fresnel reflect option on material properties i think there is a bug there.
In 3ds Max i´m able to assign fresnel intensity values much higher than on 3dsimed. For instance i´m using on Max a value for WCCARBODY of 25.00 than i open same GMT on 3dsimed, fresnel intensity is at 25.00, no problem there but after editing something else on another material, as i use 3dsimed to make quick edit here and there, i save the GMT and than the WCCARBODY value for fresnel intensity drops to 1.5. Trying to put 25.0 put 3dsimed doesn´t alow more than 5.0.

Hope you fix soon!! Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:10 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

i know version e is already there but as the ams support was added here i will say thx here

so thx a lot for the update :congrats:

edit:

for the lightflares it should be like this?