It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Andyw wrote:
Hi can someone check the Talbot sunbeam carbin from FH3 TAL_sunbeamlotus_79.carbin.
I have all game files and textures and other models load fine.
When I import it in it doesn't load in viewport but there is model information in the reports.

Any ideas??

Great job with forza importing by the way Dave.

Seems to import fine for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 am 
Jackman
Jackman

the recursivebms files that are available on the front page DO NOT WORK. I've tried them on 2 different computers with the same result, I even tried download quickbms, and when I click the bat files they come with an error "no such file or directory" even after editing the bat files to reflect the changed directory.

can someone clarify whether this is working or something, I had planned to buy fh3 this weekend, now i'm not so sure that I will if I cant access the cars. thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:49 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I have tested the script many times on different computers. It should produce a batch file which you can look at yourself and hopefully find the problem.

It's a different script for FH3 than for Apex, it take a lot of time and patience to get everything together from FH3 please make sure you can get Apex cars imported first.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:09 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Yeah thats all well n good, but after i run that script it does nada,nothing bugger all. When i try to run the unzipcars or even unzip it tells me its an unrecognised command and just closes. If i use quickbms it gives me the error i mentioned in my previous post, im not a programmer, so suggesting i look at the script is like handing a blind man a book and say here, read this. No offense intended, but it just does NOT work.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:36 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
I don't think there are anything like 200 textures per model in the Forza games.

3DSimED is generating the RGBA textures to ensure each material has a diffuse texture because most games are based on DX9 and have shaders expecting diffuse textures.

I do know where you are coming from because at first I was very confused as to why I could not find textures for all the paint work, chrome, grills etc.

I'm sorry but you are wrong on this. Indeed 3dsimed does a great job generating RGBA textures as placeholders for diffuse textures, which do not exist for the most part - but almost all the other textures that actually are in the texture library archive folder of the game files are ignored. Bump Maps, Opacity maps, Gloss or AO textures - almost all materials have textures in the game files, the paths to them defined in plaintext right in the .materialbin files. 3dsimed just ignores them.

So please don't tell us there aren't up to 200 textures per model when we can see it with our own eyes in each of the .materialbin files. Funny thing is 3dsimed already gives proper material names - so litereally just copy and pasting a material name and searching the game folder for the .materialbin, then opening the .materialbin with a text editor shows exactly which .swatchbins 3dsimed ignored.

Dave Noonan wrote:
The Forza games appear to be using procedural shaders which model materials without texture maps it's just a very different way of doing things. Many of the textures are simply masks or used for special effects.

Again - the paths to all of the textures are visible in plaintext in each .materialbin file. While the game may be using procedural shaders - there still are textures (Bump Maps, Opacity maps, Gloss, AO etc) for every material right in the game files.

The real difference to previous games is that while previous forza games had a bunch of diffuse maps for their models, the new forza games have one big library of bump, opacity, ao maps etc. which are commonly shared across models using the same type of materials. While they aren't diffuse textures, they still are the textures the models are made up of.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

But we don't know the shaders in Forza, that's why those texture maps aren't loaded - I haven't got the source to those shaders so I don't know what to do with those texture maps.

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:00 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
But we don't know the shaders in Forza, that's why those texture maps aren't loaded - I haven't got the source to those shaders so I don't know what to do with those texture maps.

Dave N.

Is it possible just to make the tool at least get those textures and dump them. So at least we could apply and set material settings ourselves?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:

Dave N.

Apologies for sounding harsh with my last post, it was not my intention. I very much appreciate the work you did bringing forza import to 3dsimed at all!

I really don't know the technical backgrounds, but maybe there could be some way to at least gather these textures related to a .carbin model.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Someone can share the Mazda Lola B12\80 '14.zip from Forza 6 Apex please?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:

Dave N.

Dave, why don't you make a video tutorial, where you can show us how to CORRECTLY import a FH3 model. I'm just thinking: if you had tested importing on 2 different computers, why don't you try it? I think that's a good idea, because people will have less problems and questions following your instructions on the video.
Cheers guys and pls help me to import that goddam Mercedes.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:30 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I have solved my problems about importing. UnzipFH3cars.dat just doesn't work, and I have made a _library folder. HUGE THANKS TO DAVE OMG SO GOOD FEEDBACK THANK YOU I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH HELP.
I have one question: when 3dsimed will work with materialbin files?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:27 am 
Jackman
Jackman

i gave up on this because dave refuses to accept there is a problem with the unzip side of it, i've done everything that was on the forza page, i've tried it on 2 computers and i'm still getting the same result, it's not a recognized batchfile or whatever, and if i have quickbms in the same folder, it comes up with a message that there is no such file or directory..

if anyone can tell me how to get around this, i would be most greatful

and dave i mean no offense cobber, it's just not working and i'm not a programmer, so i cant fix it.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:17 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

3DSimED does read the FH3 materialbin files.

The reason you do not see all the textures you are expecting is that many of the Forza game materials seem to be using procedural shaders which do not need the diffuse textures you are used to seeing in DirectX 9 games.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:30 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Is it Apex you can't work with or FH3?.

With Apex I'm sure my instructions will work but you might be having problems because of file permissions. For FH3 you need the decrypted game files first and then use my scripts (which do not need quickbms)

Cheers

Dave N.

ozmods wrote:
i gave up on this because dave refuses to accept there is a problem with the unzip side of it, i've done everything that was on the forza page, i've tried it on 2 computers and i'm still getting the same result, it's not a recognized batchfile or whatever, and if i have quickbms in the same folder, it comes up with a message that there is no such file or directory..

if anyone can tell me how to get around this, i would be most greatful

and dave i mean no offense cobber, it's just not working and i'm not a programmer, so i cant fix it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:02 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
3DSimED does read the FH3 materialbin files.

The reason you do not see all the textures you are expecting is that many of the Forza game materials seem to be using procedural shaders which do not need the diffuse textures you are used to seeing in DirectX 9 games.

Cheers

Dave N.

We understand that. We are not looking for diffuse textures. We need the bump maps, opacity, AO maps etc to complete the models.

3dsimed reads the materialbin, so please load the rest of the textures when importing a model so we can export them through export textures function. 3dsimed doesnt even have to show them in the materials.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next