It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Usually When i Export tracks from games like Shift 2, Race 07, rFactor 2 in FBX format and import them in 3DS max 2010 , they load successfully with textures, but yesterday and today, I was experimenting about importing two original Assetto Corsa tracks made by Kunos, that I got exported with 3Dsimed1h, all I get is greyed track , with models and polygones, wireframes, and no colored textures, I searched online about this issue and didn't find any solution, I loaded the FBX to Gjed, and it did give me the same thing, a greyed models track, but I managed to add the textures by including texture folder path to the maps mas in the loading menu, for 3d max, I didn't find any trick, I don't know the reason why this is happening? is it because the FBX is missing the .scn file. or the fbx has some shaders, or UV maps not compatible with 3ds Max, I tried to export an archive from 3d max to get a zip and see if the texture are embeded inside, just to see what happens but the operation failed, and I got an error saying that the file is corrupted, Please guys if you know a solution to this problem, let me know the reason, and how to solve it. I had a feeling that something can be done about it.

Thanks very much
Best regards,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:29 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Are you sure you are exporting the Textures?, in AC they are packed inside the .kn5

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:33 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks dear Dave for your response and care, Yes I'm sure i did export the textures, before I used to create a track folder, where I export the fbx file, and a subfolder in it called texture, where I export the texture, this method always worked fine for me to import tracks with textures successfuly from other games, except Assetto corsa that gave greyed models only, I was thinking that 3ds max 2010 import automatically the texture from the "texture" subfolder joined with the fbx, the same way as KS editor function, but today i realised that I was wrong, the texture folder I created serve no function at all, 3ds Max 2010 import the textures from the folder that 3dsimed use to load the textures to start the project,
for example if you export a circuit fbxin 3dsmied, based on decrypted file out of .mas or .bff, then 3ds max will import the texture from the original source of textures, the decrypted folder, and not the one you export from 3dsimed, after I realised this while digging into the folders, I made an experiment, when I was importing the Brands Hatch KN5, the window dialogue showed up, I selected to make the Texture folder map to be in the user folder and not in the temporary folder, so a folder was created inside 3dsimed folder, I did export I brands Hatch FBX and imported it in 3ds Max, and didn't export the texture as I used to do before to the subfolder with FBX , as I expected, the track loaded successfully with textures and everything was fine and perfect ,
here is a screenshot I took .
the problem I got after that is that it's not possible for me to save that fbx to a 3ds max file because the texture are in temporary folder, not also possible to archive the texture to different path and save it for future use.
so after I close 3dsimed, that folder that has the texture used by 3ds Max disappear, because it's a temporary folder, and the fbx in tds max becomes greyed again without it,
I noticed that there is an option in the dialogue box to browse for a user folder outside the 3dsimed folder that disappear when I close the project, I noticed that when I do that , there is no .temp extention at the end of the folder, so may be this option will be a solution for me to have a stable not temporary texture folder, there is a condition the folder can not be moved or renamed if the user want to keep using it with 3ds max until he finish the project. I'm glad i learned something today, and I have a long way to go.
after I imported the Brand hatch so many time as I was experimenting different ways, I started to have a small window after the fbx export, it had a red X in the middle, and says OK in bottom, the operation bar in the bottom indicate 100 % complete, the fbx looks complete to me, when this happen I know that I'll have a problem error in 3ds max, indeed when I import it to 3ds Max, I got an error it says , "error did occur, 3ds mx will close, do you want save project", I don't know if the fbx is missing something, or there is a bug in 3ds Max, which not reliable and buggy , I'll try to refresh it and see what will happen. :)
Sorry for making this long paragaph, I did give so many boring details, so that a new beginner like me can learn from my mistakes , and save some time and effort.
Also I'm also wondering if 3ds max 2010 is good enough to convert tracks to rFactor 2 and Automobilista for personal use and edit map channels ? or I need a higher version, I have 3ds max 2017 Student Version, I don't like it. it crashes when I load circuits, I'm using Max 2010 because it has the Gmotor Plugin for rfactor rendering.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I think I did create that 3dsimed error for myself, last time I did rename the temporary texture map folder, when I closed the project, the temporary folder didn't disappear, I did delete it, and since then I kept having a corrupted fbx export, I did it to myself, 3dsmied and 3ds Max has nothing to do with it, I learn a lesson today to not mess with the programs, eveything is designed for a purpose.
I did reset the user setting in 3ds max, and used earlier version 3dssimed3i, instead of 3dsimed1h, this time when the dialogue window showed I selected used folder, and browsed for saving folder in my hard disc , the KS Brands hatch was imported and exported with no error at the end in Simed , I did import the fbx in 3DS Max while 3dsimed is open, to see how is the result, the track loaded with textures perfectly, after that I closed both max and Simed, and open 3ds max only and imported the same Brands hatch fbx, it did load perfectly with textures from the user folder created by 3dsimed, I'm happy to find the solution, but my problems are not over yet, I tried to save the track as 3ds max file or archive it, and I received error saying " failed to write, Autobackup01 is probably corrupted, would you like to resave" save and save as give the same result, I'm still searching and thinking about this problem, this Max is driving me crazy :eek: