It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hello folks,

Some of you may remember that I took on an ambitious circuit project a few years ago, where I wanted to create a fictional circuit for a 3D animation project. I've been using Bob's Track Builder for the creation of the environment, AC3D for the creation of models and 3DSimEd for conversions and fixes, with my workflow terminating with Rfactor for testing and the satisfaction of being able to drive my circuit. My goal has not necessarily been to get this track in-game, but to have it function as a highly detailed 3D environment for use in animating software.

Things have since changed and I have been asked to complete the track for use in Rfactor 2, so that it can be used for the following event:

My Sister has been hard at work, organising a charity event to be held at a simulator centre, running RF2 exclusively. The event has received a great deal of interest from a large number of BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) drivers and is being organised in conjunction with Team Hard, which runs the Volkswagen CC cars for Mike Epps, Jake Hill and Will Burns. Mike Epps is sponsored by the simulator centre, Simply Race, based in Milton Keynes. Drivers such as Rob Austin, Ollie Jackson, Aiden Moffat, Rob Collard, Rory Butcher and Rob Huff have all expressed great interest in taking part in the event, with their schedules permitting, which will see them each head a team of sim-racers, with fans paying an entry fee to take part and race against each other in an endurance event at the simulator centre. Proceeds will go to Rob Austin's chosen charity, funding research into pancreatic cancer, and to other, as yet, undecided charities with links to motorsport (such as a marshal's charity, etc.).

EDIT: Billy Monger has also shown an interest in taking part!

This event is set to take place in the off-season between the end of this year's and the beginning of next year's seasons, so it leaves me little time to prepare the track for use.

I am in need of a knowledgeable companion to help me complete this project in time. This individual will have a good knowledge of BTB, excellent knowledge of 3DSimEd and the ability to convert the track to RF2 and identify any bugs which may arise. A good level of spoken and written English will also be needed, as communication between the two of us during this project is essential.

In return for this assistance, the individual's name will be credited as a co-creator of the track on the loading screen in RF2, and an invitation to the charity event will be sent to them as a gesture of gratitude.

The exact date for the event has not yet been decided, but time is of the essence here.

Below are a few screenshots from various degrees of development. Most are from Rfactor, but some are from within AC3D. There is still a great deal of work to do, as you can see, and many of the objects which are placed are currently placeholders for more detailed objects.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Over eighty views and not a single reply... what did I do wrong, seriously? Are folks put off by something? If there's doubt in your minds as to the legitimacy of this story, head over to the British Touring Car Talk Facebook group, as it is being discussed there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BritishTouringCarTalk/

Also, check out the official group for the event here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1931635443758224/

Finally, if you still have doubts, this post is from Dave Boor, who is a member of the Team Hard BTCC team and is co-organising the event: https://www.facebook.com/davidboorteamh ... 6215354393

Time is of the essence here, and I cannot do this without help. That means that this event, which we are all volunteering our time and services to, may well not go ahead, which would be a crying shame... all because I can't find the help I need with the circuit.

I am offering an invitation to this event as a thank you for helping, as well as highly visible credits. Should I be offering something else?