It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:12 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hey,

I was wondering if there is any way to import multiple FBX files into 3dse? I work mostly with the ISI engine so saving model geometries out to individual .gmts is necessary. Importing individual FBX files then exporting to GMT is kind of painful. I realise you can use OBJ for multiple imports, but I'm not a huge fan of that format.

Alternatively is there a better workflow using the FBX format, that I am unaware of? I tried grouping the geometries and exporting the group as an individual FBX, but when I used the Automobilista Export function it just saved out a singular GMT.

Sorry if I have missed something obvious here. I had a good search of the forums and couldn't really find the answer I was after.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:21 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

You can have multiple objects in a single FBX and 3DSimED will export all the top-level objects when saving to Automobilista.

However, what can happen is that the FBX has a top-level object and all the other objects are children, in that case you will only get one object exported to Automobilista (or rF1/rF2 etc.).
The solution is to isolate (it's on the Object Edit Pane) the top object then you will have the children at the top level and you will get multiple objects when exporting.

BTW, the Edit->Object By Name function lets you browse the object tree.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:33 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Awesome, thanks Dave