It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1m
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:07 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

After importing a single FH3/FM7 .modelbin if you export it using Collada for example, it exports the geometry name as _$$3DSimED$$_ instead of the actual name.
This also happens if you import the .carbin and then export using "Export as Objects". Naming is fine instead if exported as AllInOne after importing the .carbin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:29 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Thanks for the report, the name _$$3DSimED$$_ was intentional but I will change it for the next release so that the title of the file is used (providing no other objects in the model have that name).

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Great Dave! :bluesbro:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:30 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi again,

This belongs to the AC importer:

Is there a possibility to edit the names of nested objects? I guess no?

I need to edit the names of a tracks AC_CREW objects (Sentul Circuit, the author made a weird order of the names, not from 0 up to 29). I need to unpack the nested object in order to edit the names. The objects are named in lowercase and the instances are in uppercase. I guess all objects name have to be in upper case? If I try to change the names of the objects to uppercase, it seems to be ok in first sight. But when I select and load it again, it shows lowercase object names again. :scratch:

Is there a possibility to chance all names of all objects and their instances to UPPERCASE when the track gets imported?

kind regards, Wolfgang

Edit: Just found this: http://sim-garage.co.uk/development-new ... ed-object/ I´ll give it a try..

Edit2: When importing with nested object using the Objects by name like in the link, I can see that all object names are uppercase. So the conversion to lowercase must be happen when unnesting the objects. I hope I can do my edit this way... :cooler:

Last Edit ;) : One touch at editing the nested objects and they are in lower case again. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:24 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Can you recheck how the wheels are scaled? Seems like that they become too much flat after rescale, I can't explain properly but it is like if what is nearest the local pivot of the mesh should be scaled less on X axe, or for example in case of importing the .modelbin of the wheel individually, a "correct" result is achieved by moving the furthest vertices of the "pipe" close to the front face of the wheel so the front face isn't flattened
I don't know if I've given the idea lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Positioning of the front right wheel of the Bugatti Chiron from FM7 isn't correct: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4628/254 ... f073_o.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:05 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

After I installed the car pack, my F7 stopped working so I will need to re-install and look on another day However, I am fairly sure you have not got all the files you need to get the best results, there's a page at my site about processing the necessary .zips :-
http://sim-garage.co.uk/software-release/working-with-forza-apex-car-models/

Cheers

Dave N.

Tomatosauce288 wrote:
Positioning of the front right wheel of the Bugatti Chiron from FM7 isn't correct: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4628/254 ... f073_o.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I'm sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, but what's an easy way to extract Forza 7's files? I used to be able to extract all the archives I wanted, but for some reason, the method I used does't work any more...

when I extracted all car/library archives around 4 months ago, if I'm remembering correctly, I dumped the game files using UWPDumper, I copied those dumped files to a new folder, then I used the RecurseBmsZip PowerShell script to generate an unzip.bat file using the path of those copied files, and that worked.
I'm still able to dump the game files (using the same dumper) and view them in the folder they're dumped to, but I can't copy them anywhere no matter what I've tried, and I can't extract directly from those files..
I've also tried extracting directly from the original game files.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:01 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I would guess that you need an Admin Command Prompt and then to use the Copy with /d (which allows copying to a non-encrypted folder).

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 am 
Jackman
Jackman

that works, thank you