It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rain Drops Not Working
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Hello, I tried to test the rain drop shader but everytime it starts raining its like trying to appear but it doesn't have any drops.

Please, take a look into this: https://docs.studio-397.com/developers- ... s-for-cars

it looks like it is more complex than what we thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

I tried Car Body Paint + Damage + Rain and its perfectly working but...

If you choose Windscreen Outside Shader (or Inside, doesn't matter) it doesn't work.

Please take a look into it or... if it isn't a 3DSimed bug, then please try to illustrate me how to make it work.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I've tried importing a model with the Windscreen shaders and then exporting back to the game. This works so it must be something to set in the material.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:51 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Dave Noonan wrote:
I've tried importing a model with the Windscreen shaders and then exporting back to the game. This works so it must be something to set in the material.

Cheers

Dave N.

Hello, I tried choosing WindScreen Inside or OutSide shader (doesn't matter) and setting exactly the same settings and textures as other windshields from original mods. With "Settings" I mean the numbers used for reflections, the reflection mapper, the colors, cube map percentage, etc... and with textures I mean the glass + specular + Rain Drop Texture.

Well, I just did it, went in-game to test and it wasn't working :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

What can I do? Maybe its something related to the rain drop texture coordinates? if yes, I can't modify it because 3DSimed doesn't allow me. I don't know what to do :shrug:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:19 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I told you before that the rain drop coordinates are calculated by the shader, that is definitely not the problem.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:10 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Dave Noonan wrote:
I told you before that the rain drop coordinates are calculated by the shader, that is definitely not the problem.

Cheers

Dave N.

Ok, then what I am doing wrong? :shrug:

Please give it a try with a normal model not from original cars.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

I have put few new cars in with latest 3dsimed ingame and all working. Be sure you have proper UVs done to, reflections on...Save materials from original model and pull them over your windows-be sure reflections are on!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:26 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Alless wrote:
I have put few new cars in with latest 3dsimed ingame and all working. Be sure you have proper UVs done to, reflections on...Save materials from original model and pull them over your windows-be sure reflections are on!

Proper UVs? Please help me with this. Could you explain say me step by step how did you make it work?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I know the materials for the Windshield shaders are correctly written by 3DSimED.

There seems to be a guide from Studio 397 that should explain how to get the texture coordinates correct for this to work.

https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/cars/car-art/rain-effects-and-windscreen-shaders-for-cars

My v1109 is just too flaky to try it all out and the guide is for 3DS Max but it looks as if there's enough info there.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:13 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

I tried everything but I couldn't get it to work, so as it is just the aeroscreen from Formula 1 (it doesn't have wipers), I will try to just use the car body paint + damage + rain shader.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:49 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

There is just no way. I tried absolutely everything and I still can't manage to get it working. I tried setting UVs colors with 3ds max, setting new Unwrap UV modifiers, etc...

It just doesn't work. Tried importing + exporting an original windscreen and it works, but I can't manage to get a custom one working.

I am knocked and I don't know how to fix this.

I don't know what on earth to do, so here I send you my project as a last chance so you could please try to see whats wrong (I can't find the problem):

https://mega.nz/#!16BmlCpY!9QZ7Wg_mK-nR ... mDNM1QUSsE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:24 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Ok, I could fix the problem.

It was the f....... textures coordinates for Channel 3. They were 0.0000 so it wasn't showing the rain drops. Arghh :(