It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:56 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi Dave, thanks for making 3DSimED3.

Billboards in rFactor 2, I've noticed after exporting a track with 3dsimed the billboard trees bend over backwards if the camera gets to close to them in the game. They should only just rotate. It's like the Z axis is trying to face you as well not just the X and Y axis. It should be just the X and Y they rotate on.

How to test...
Load an unedited track into rF2, anyone will do, try a ISI/S397 one. Drive offroad through a group of billboard trees or billboard spectators. Notice they rotate to face you (as they should). Now load the same track into 3DSimED3 and export it. Now drive in the same place in rF2. You will now find the trees flip backwards as you get near them which is not right. If you look at the trees from under them, then the trees look down at you.

Don't know if this would be an easy fix or not for you? I would like to update the trees on Nords track but this is the only thing stopping me.

thanks again

DJC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:27 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I have been away for a few days.

Please can you look at the pivot point for the tree because it needs to be bottom center. All three axis are rotated to face the viewer but using bottom center will stop the tree from apparently moving.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks for the reply, I hope you had a nice trip.

Yes, all the trees have pivot points bottom centre. Same for all tracks I test. They display perfectly in 3DsimEd, even ones that have been exported with it. In game they still pivot at the pivot points, it's just they face you on the Z axis too.

If it's helpful, I will try to make a video later.

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:29 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Here are 2 videos I made to try show problem a bit better. I just picked any track for this example, Spa.

This first video is before I did anything with 3DSimEd3. https://youtu.be/k9d4fWp54n4 . As you can see billboards are working fine.

This 2nd video is the same track loaded into 3DSimEd3, then I exported it to the same folder. I did not make any changes or edits. https://youtu.be/mPocom_jBU4.

As you can see the billboard people were falling over backward depending on where the camera is. Trees do the same.

It's a bit odd :D

DJC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I see what you mean!.

It's something that has changed in rF2 because when you use one of the old ISI rF2 viewers everything looks correct but with the latest Studio 397 viewers the axis are all wrong.

I will definitely try to fix this.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks Dave, that would be great :) . Yes, it was easier to show in a video than trying to explain.

I can say it's not a new problem as I've had it some time now, reported also here> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17146

Hope it's an easy fix. If you need me to test any test version just let me know.

thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Looks the same but I think that's a different problem. The one you reported is now fixed and will be in the next release.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Thank you so very much. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:09 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I've tested new version, and now the billboards work as normal. Thank you again. cheers