It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:23 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Hey Everyone!

This is a link to Download my new Track!

http://www.savefile.com/files/1080528

The track is a 7/16 mile Figure-8.  It is a fanticy track loosely based off the figure-8 stock car race I saw on speed-channle!

AI really works!  It holds 30 cars and suports CUP, GNS, and CTS physics!

Causions do not work well!  So please keep them turned off!  I also never messed with ARCADE mode.  So it may only run well in SIMULATION!

This is a just a first version.  So I am sure I will get a lot of feed back and if posible we will be able to improve on it all for a second version!

Well have fun!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:36 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

awesome.  Thanks for the hard work on this.  Been waiting along time for a short track version of a figure 8 track.   I thinks it really dont matter if yellows work for figure 8's.  The real figure 8 races that I grew up watching never ran with yellows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:16 pm 
Driver
Driver

This is a really fun track but there are some minor anoyances, but they can be fixed.  This is not a rant or a grip sheet, just thought you might want feedback because I sure would.
1) In the center of the track there is some kind of glitch, if the cars hit just right they go everywhere spinning hundreds of times like a top.  Doesn't happen always but happens often enough to notice.
2) Entering the center of the track the cars do this weird swerve thing sometimes, I don't know how to explain it.  Very minor, just thought you might want to know.
3) There is a problem where the turns meet, could probably fixed with some better angles for the corners.  The turns turn into each other creating a small V.  Noticable from the wall and the rumble strips.
4)The tire barriers are sticky meaning that when the car hits them at the correct angle the car just gets lodged into the wall.  Have no idea how to fix that.

Just some minor difficulties but I don't want to send the wrong impression.  I haven't stopped racing on the track because it's so freaking awesome.  I love running the track with cautions off.   Would be a GREAT track for the Saturday Night Stock Car mod thats out!  Beating and banging at the local short tra...I mean, figure 8 track?  Lol, great track...really impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:21 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Thanks for the feed back!

I have accualy noticed most the issues that ReadyToWrestle menchened.  I belive the tire WALLS can esialy be fixed to everones liken.  That would just be simply selecting the corect matiral for the wall!  I started with tire material but it was so sticky that you had not chance of escap if you hit it.  So I have just regular wall material chosen right now.

As far as the cars swirvening in the intersection.  I seriously dout that I can completly eliminat that.  That is caused by the intersecting LP lines wich creat confustion for the AI as they travel thru the intersection.  The intersection is 2 track sections layed one on top of another.  In my exspirements I found the track section that is slightly higher the AI will folow the strongest.  So it took a lot of ajusting to try to get them to have even afect on the AI.  You probely notic that there is some rough ness in this surfice to.  I probely can not fix that either becasue I hade to ajust hights to get the AI to go thru it both ways.  Ever time I smooved the X out the AI would only make it thru in one direction.

As far as the cars spinning widly in the intersection.  I do not know what causes this.  For a while they would jump off there like they hit a sharp angle x-section.  Well I whent and moved some x-sections around and it seem to reduse it to a crazy spin.  But on my PC I seldem see it happen.  If this is happing all the time and ruining the raceing.  I probely can move the x-sections agin and posibly make it go away.  But this is one of the problems that I can not exsplane so it is hard to know what to do to fix it.

As far as shap of the turns.  I probely can fix that easely.

I also ment to tell every one how the qualifing priceder works.  I had the hardest time geting the AI to qualify.  I started with the pit stall in the normal location but the AI would not make a qualifying lap.  It did not work till I put the qualifying pit stall at the back of pit road.  But now you need to follow the speed limet thru the pits to avoid being DQed.  You will get the green before you get on the track and it will say this is your first timed lap.  Do not wory about that drive slowley and safely onto the track then do you warm up and you will have one more lap to qulify.  I know it is anoing to drive thru pit road slow but atleast it lets us qulify with the AI.

Well thanks every one for trying this track!  Hopefully we can even make the nexst one better!

Post subject: Great track, but...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:54 am 
Jackman
Jackman

I love this track.......

I run in 1280x1024 and I get none of the problems that where reported about car spinning.  There is a little dip in the x but that just reminds me of Hialeah speedways x and that works great for me.  

The only bug I have hit now is while running 25 latemodel v2 cars, it has crashed on me several times with the old an error occured in windows and comes up with a report.  Has anyone else had this?  I know it is not due to a lack of memory or anything like that, but it could be that Nascar can not handle such wicked wrecks.  Too much action might keep the fans awake :D

Post subject: Re: Great track, but...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:14 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Lowered it to 20 cars and it has been working fine.  Kind of odd, but it still is a blast to run.

wre11 wrote:
I love this track.......

I run in 1280x1024 and I get none of the problems that where reported about car spinning.  There is a little dip in the x but that just reminds me of Hialeah speedways x and that works great for me.  

The only bug I have hit now is while running 25 latemodel v2 cars, it has crashed on me several times with the old an error occured in windows and comes up with a report.  Has anyone else had this?  I know it is not due to a lack of memory or anything like that, but it could be that Nascar can not handle such wicked wrecks.  Too much action might keep the fans awake :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:32 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I too have had 4 CTDs, but that may be my soundcard (long-term issue on my machine).  I'll try it with sound turned off and see what happens.  I've also had the spinning cars-hilarious as they go spinning and flying around the track at warp speed until they hit some obstacle and "stick".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:23 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Hey everyone!

There have ben times that I have seen all these gliches in the track.  With 30 cars on the track it does crash to desctop sometimes on my machine.  I belive reduceing my graphics helped to reduce that some.  But I do not think I ever saw it Crash with only 20 cars or less on the track.  The race runs a lot smother to with 20 or less cars.  But in a short race it is nice to be able to get more cars out there for  more action becasue I have seen 20 cars ride around for 10 laps with out causing a major wreck.  

Well I hope this still can be a fun track desipiste these glichs.  A lot of these problems are caused by the simple fact that we have steped way out side the limets of what N2003 was ever intended to do.  This track is a big exspirement basicly.  I worked and worked to get the track to a place where I could enjoy it on my system.  So I figured it would be a good time to release it and see what every one ells thought.

Well thank you everyone!

Post subject: Youre work is awesome..
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:42 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Racer42,

I love this track.  I can not say how much fun it is for me to run fig 8's again.  Hell,  I was racing today and got hit so hard in the x the other car was half way through mine, man that would have hurt.  I can live with gliches for the fun I am having.

Just out of curiosity what are the graphic settings you are using, maybe that would help.  Also,  I noticed with the handling helper on, that I have no problems with the car spin or even the AI cars doing much spinning mostly they are killing themselves in the x.

Great track..  Hope to see a high banked one in the future  :) hint hint

Racer42 wrote:
Hey everyone!

There have ben times that I have seen all these gliches in the track.  With 30 cars on the track it does crash to desctop sometimes on my machine.  I belive reduceing my graphics helped to reduce that some.  But I do not think I ever saw it Crash with only 20 cars or less on the track.  The race runs a lot smother to with 20 or less cars.  But in a short race it is nice to be able to get more cars out there for  more action becasue I have seen 20 cars ride around for 10 laps with out causing a major wreck.  

Well I hope this still can be a fun track desipiste these glichs.  A lot of these problems are caused by the simple fact that we have steped way out side the limets of what N2003 was ever intended to do.  This track is a big exspirement basicly.  I worked and worked to get the track to a place where I could enjoy it on my system.  So I figured it would be a good time to release it and see what every one ells thought.

Well thank you everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:16 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Well, after more laps and CTDs, the problem seems to occur when a crash occurs, with the accompanying sounds perhaps adding to the problem.  I tried it with no sound at all, but still got a dump after about 20 laps.  Once when it crashed I noticed, before the kindly Microsoft "let us know about this problem box" appeared, that a car was sunk up to the wheel hub in the dirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Well the graphic setings I am running are

Directx D3D
1024x768x16

I am finding that 20 cars or less seems to run a lot better on my system.

I have not had it crash with 20 or less cars.  30 cars seems to be prone to crashing to desk top.  So I would sujest runing 20 or less if that is happening a lot.  I hope this solves your problems!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:44 pm 
Driver
Driver

WOW 8)

Man, what a fun track. The most realistic fig 8 I've played for nr2003 (not counting the pits..lol).
Thank you for releasing this track Racer42. I just played for about 30 min but found no issues here.
Directx D3D
1440x900x32
I didn't try more than 20 cars. [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:58 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

I love this track too, it will crash once every ten races or so, but its nothing compared to what i do to those cars. i dont have the greatest machine but its enough to enjoy this track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:42 am 
Driver
Driver

i've been running 25 ai's and myself for a total of 26 cars in the cot mod and have not had any problems as far as droping to desktop. And I have only had the issue once of a car prentending to be a top, lol. Was kinda funny running behind Kyle Petty and seeing his rear end all of a sudden flip up and the car start dancing around the track, wish I would have saved the replay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:03 am 
Driver
Driver

As with my further inclinations, SNSC70 mod rocks with this!  Lags for some reason but oh well.  Just FYI, I had to download and get a whole carset just to run the track to satisfy my needs HAH  :lol: